Friday, April 25, 2008
Retro no-no
Yesterday afternoon, I was cruising home from work, listening to She & Him while wearing my compliment-inducing, Katherine-Heigl-bastardizing yellow rose sundress and feeling pretty cool with the retro '50s vibe I was working. But then I saw a girl drive by in an aqua-blue T-bird convertible, and I was suddenly seized with envy, knowing that my retro facade would not be complete without that car.
Unfortunately, earlier in the day, I'd succumbed to the sale goings-on at Fish's Eddy and ordered myself a 12-piece set of their Pantone dinnerware, so I didn't really have enough money (or lack of conscience) left over for another impulse purchase.
Yesterday afternoon, I was cruising home from work, listening to She & Him while wearing my compliment-inducing, Katherine-Heigl-bastardizing yellow rose sundress and feeling pretty cool with the retro '50s vibe I was working. But then I saw a girl drive by in an aqua-blue T-bird convertible, and I was suddenly seized with envy, knowing that my retro facade would not be complete without that car.
Unfortunately, earlier in the day, I'd succumbed to the sale goings-on at Fish's Eddy and ordered myself a 12-piece set of their Pantone dinnerware, so I didn't really have enough money (or lack of conscience) left over for another impulse purchase.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]