Thursday, June 23, 2005
Complimentary
One of the purchases I made during my unauthorized Mall of America spending spree was a vintage-looking ‘50’s-style dress with yellow roses all over it. This purchase was completely unjustified, as I have absolutely nowhere to wear it in the conceivable future (although I’m hoping I can manage to pull it off for one of my October weddings, as it will be at the beginning of the month and in Florida, which to me still says “summer”). However, it was half-off and so adorable that I just couldn’t resist.
With no special occasion to which to wear the dress, I decided to wear it to work today. I’m not sure if it’s because I never wear dresses to work, or if it’s just because the dress is that freaking adorable, but I have received no fewer than 10 compliments on it today. I spent $40 on the dress, which figures out to $4 per compliment. And while I would never actually give someone four bucks to compliment me, I have to say that I don’t think this is such a bad deal.
UPDATE: I'm now up to 14 compliments, which has cut the price per compliment to around $2.85. Score! I think all of this is starting to go to my head, though. Now when I see someone who has not yet complimented my dress, I want to say to them, "What is wrong with you? Why aren't you complimenting my dress?!" I think I probably need to go home and change soon.
One of the purchases I made during my unauthorized Mall of America spending spree was a vintage-looking ‘50’s-style dress with yellow roses all over it. This purchase was completely unjustified, as I have absolutely nowhere to wear it in the conceivable future (although I’m hoping I can manage to pull it off for one of my October weddings, as it will be at the beginning of the month and in Florida, which to me still says “summer”). However, it was half-off and so adorable that I just couldn’t resist.
With no special occasion to which to wear the dress, I decided to wear it to work today. I’m not sure if it’s because I never wear dresses to work, or if it’s just because the dress is that freaking adorable, but I have received no fewer than 10 compliments on it today. I spent $40 on the dress, which figures out to $4 per compliment. And while I would never actually give someone four bucks to compliment me, I have to say that I don’t think this is such a bad deal.
UPDATE: I'm now up to 14 compliments, which has cut the price per compliment to around $2.85. Score! I think all of this is starting to go to my head, though. Now when I see someone who has not yet complimented my dress, I want to say to them, "What is wrong with you? Why aren't you complimenting my dress?!" I think I probably need to go home and change soon.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]