Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Adventures in food
Yesterday's experiment: Is it possible to subsist for an entire day on little more than bite-sized candy bars?
The verdict: Yes, but I would strongly advise against it, only because you may be tempted to eat large quantities of pasta when you finally do have the chance to purchase and/or prepare a meal, and you will experience the very strange sensation of being very full and not full at all at the same time. Which is not as fun as it sounds.
Monday's experiment: Is it possible to subsist for an entire day on little more than a calzone from Leonardo's for lunch?
The verdict: Yes, and in fact, this is highly recommended, as the calzones at Leonardo's are approximately the size of footballs. You may think this description is an exaggeration, as I did when Francesca warned me about them, but I can assure you it is not. Sadly, I can't be more explicit, as Matt, Francesca's fianchizzle, did not weigh in as requested on whether the calzones were in fact Nerf or regulation size. (My guess? Regulation, since it didn't occur to me until 11:00 that night, nearly 12 hours after consuming three-quarters of the calzone, that I hadn't eaten dinner.)
Sunday's experiment: Is it possible to subsist for an entire day on little more than finger foods?
The verdict: Yes, but only if you start drinking before noon* and are first fortified by a hearty brunch/lunch from Rojo.
*I couldn't resist the Sangria Sundays deal, and therefore it was technically around 11:55 when I had my first sip. It was still a little too early for wine, though. I should've gone with the mimosas. It's never too early for champagne.
I think it's safe to say that, in the past year and a half, I have gained absolutely no ground on my resolution to eat better on the weekends.
(In non-food-related news, Nikki and Reuben have both pulled the plug on their blogs. But Amber, Kella and Elizabeth are all back [at least one of those revivals is thanks in part to me--remember, kids, peer pressure works!], so I guess we've ended up on the plus side. And Matt and Kim's baby is still more adorable than should strictly be allowed.)
Yesterday's experiment: Is it possible to subsist for an entire day on little more than bite-sized candy bars?
The verdict: Yes, but I would strongly advise against it, only because you may be tempted to eat large quantities of pasta when you finally do have the chance to purchase and/or prepare a meal, and you will experience the very strange sensation of being very full and not full at all at the same time. Which is not as fun as it sounds.
Monday's experiment: Is it possible to subsist for an entire day on little more than a calzone from Leonardo's for lunch?
The verdict: Yes, and in fact, this is highly recommended, as the calzones at Leonardo's are approximately the size of footballs. You may think this description is an exaggeration, as I did when Francesca warned me about them, but I can assure you it is not. Sadly, I can't be more explicit, as Matt, Francesca's fianchizzle, did not weigh in as requested on whether the calzones were in fact Nerf or regulation size. (My guess? Regulation, since it didn't occur to me until 11:00 that night, nearly 12 hours after consuming three-quarters of the calzone, that I hadn't eaten dinner.)
Sunday's experiment: Is it possible to subsist for an entire day on little more than finger foods?
The verdict: Yes, but only if you start drinking before noon* and are first fortified by a hearty brunch/lunch from Rojo.
*I couldn't resist the Sangria Sundays deal, and therefore it was technically around 11:55 when I had my first sip. It was still a little too early for wine, though. I should've gone with the mimosas. It's never too early for champagne.
I think it's safe to say that, in the past year and a half, I have gained absolutely no ground on my resolution to eat better on the weekends.
(In non-food-related news, Nikki and Reuben have both pulled the plug on their blogs. But Amber, Kella and Elizabeth are all back [at least one of those revivals is thanks in part to me--remember, kids, peer pressure works!], so I guess we've ended up on the plus side. And Matt and Kim's baby is still more adorable than should strictly be allowed.)
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]