Monday, June 13, 2005

If you are what you eat…I’m in trouble
During the past few days, I have come to the startling realization that my weekend eating habits are positively atrocious. Now, I’ve always known that they left much to be desired, what with all the pancakes and the eating out and the not going to the grocery store until Sunday and therefore having to either starve or create random meals from the paltry contents of my refrigerator (or, alternately, going to the store on Saturday and eating most of my groceries before the weekend is over). But it wasn’t until this weekend that I suddenly realized how bad they really are, particularly when compared with my semi-healthy (i.e., plenty of water, small portions, and at least some fruits and/or vegetables present each day) diet during the week.

To illustrate just how bad things have gotten (and with the hope that, upon reading this in the future, I will never let things get this bad again), I present a complete list of everything I ingested this weekend. (Note: If you have a weak stomach, I would stop reading now.)

Friday
Breakfast: Cereal
Snack: Reduced Fat Cheez-Its and dried apricots
Lunch: A few bites of frozen Chinese food that was meant for a photo shoot, which I managed to beg off our food editor because I had nothing else to eat
Snack: Beer and some wasabi peas
Dinner: Lots of chips and salsa, two chicken enchiladas with sour cream, plus three (approximate number) margaritas
After dinner: Another beer, a sip of Red Bull, plus too many sips to count of Long Island iced tea

Saturday
Breakfast (at 1 p.m., it is worth noting): Cereal
Lunch: Roadrunner Raspberry lowfat frozen yogurt
Dinner: Shrimp quesadilla (again, with sour cream), two beers, two (again, approximate) glasses of sangria

Sunday
Breakfast: McDonald’s sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit (As I had no milk left for cereal, it was either that or starve. Next time, I think I’ll starve.)
Lunch: Shrimp salad, Wheat Thins with bacon/cheese spread, a cucumber sandwich, a few cherry tomatoes, two chocolate-dipped strawberries, a petit four, and punch (at Sallie’s bridal shower)
Dinner: One-third of a bag of popcorn, some wasabi peas, a bowl of macaroni and cheese, and two glasses of wine

If your stomach lining is still intact after reading this, congratulations. You’re better off than me. I would write more about my horrible weekend eating habits, but I’ve got to go meet my dad at Wendy's for lunch.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]