Tuesday, April 19, 2005
All grows up
Lately, it seems that I’ve picked up a habit of wanting to keep things that belong to my friends when they move to different cities. Maybe this is a desire to help them out as they’re frantically trying to sell their worldly possessions before the big move, maybe it’s a desire to have something nearby that reminds me of them; likely it’s a combination of both. First it was Sallie’s entertainment center, which I inherited when she moved to L.A. Now, as Danielle prepares to move to New York, I’ve managed to take/buy several things from her that I only marginally need, including four books, a silverware tray, and a tiny little Tupperware container that is probably too small to be of any practical use but is still really cute.
However, the largest item from my Danielle-moving-to-New-York inheritance is a plant. My first plant. I’ve actually been considering getting a plant for a while, figuring that I should start out on “plant” before working my way up to “pet.” But I was stymied by the fact that, knowing absolutely nothing about plants, I a) wasn’t sure what kind of plant would be suitable to my needs, and b) was afraid I would pull a Brian on it. (Sorry, Brian.) However, when Danielle told me that her plant needed minimal watering and only required a bit of sunlight each day, I knew I had found my plant soul mate, so to speak.
So now I have a plant of my own, which I have to take care of and try not to kill. I’m like an actual grown-up. Scary.
Au revoir, bitches!
Yeah, that hasn’t really caught on the way I thought it would. Anyway, being the glamorous jet-setter I am, I’m off on another worldly adventure, this time to Texas, where I will write a travel story for one of our magazines, spend some quality time with Kate, and possibly continue in my endeavor to make “Au revoir, bitches!” my new catch phrase. We’ll see about that last one.
Lately, it seems that I’ve picked up a habit of wanting to keep things that belong to my friends when they move to different cities. Maybe this is a desire to help them out as they’re frantically trying to sell their worldly possessions before the big move, maybe it’s a desire to have something nearby that reminds me of them; likely it’s a combination of both. First it was Sallie’s entertainment center, which I inherited when she moved to L.A. Now, as Danielle prepares to move to New York, I’ve managed to take/buy several things from her that I only marginally need, including four books, a silverware tray, and a tiny little Tupperware container that is probably too small to be of any practical use but is still really cute.
However, the largest item from my Danielle-moving-to-New-York inheritance is a plant. My first plant. I’ve actually been considering getting a plant for a while, figuring that I should start out on “plant” before working my way up to “pet.” But I was stymied by the fact that, knowing absolutely nothing about plants, I a) wasn’t sure what kind of plant would be suitable to my needs, and b) was afraid I would pull a Brian on it. (Sorry, Brian.) However, when Danielle told me that her plant needed minimal watering and only required a bit of sunlight each day, I knew I had found my plant soul mate, so to speak.
So now I have a plant of my own, which I have to take care of and try not to kill. I’m like an actual grown-up. Scary.
Au revoir, bitches!
Yeah, that hasn’t really caught on the way I thought it would. Anyway, being the glamorous jet-setter I am, I’m off on another worldly adventure, this time to Texas, where I will write a travel story for one of our magazines, spend some quality time with Kate, and possibly continue in my endeavor to make “Au revoir, bitches!” my new catch phrase. We’ll see about that last one.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]