Thursday, December 16, 2004
Someone other than Janice Dickinson’s Quote of the Week
Oh, Janice. You can’t even pull a good one out for the finale? I mean, it was very humorous when you literally jumped on Eva when she won, but that’s not exactly a quote. And it was pretty funny, too, when you referred to Amanda as “Japanda,” but it’s really not comparable to some of your other, finer moments. However, I think perhaps “Japanda” was channeling you when she said the following at the Cover Girl photo shoot:
“I was trying to utilize my inner joy, my appreciation for bunny rabbits and France.”
This is the way the quote was presented on the UPN site, but when I first heard it on the show last night, I originally thought she said “my appreciation for bunny rabbits in France,” which is so much better. Because why are French bunny rabbits more evocative of joy than bunny rabbits in other countries? Still, it’s pretty bizarre. I mean, France? Does France really make her that exuberant? Personally, I’ve always had a rather love-hate relationship with France, particularly Paris. I can’t imagine that thinking about France would really work for me, you know, as a modeling technique. But then again, I am not Amanda. And I am ever so thankful for that.
In other reality news, remember when I expressed shock that the finale of The Apprentice was going to be two hours long? Yeah, well it turns out it’s actually three hours. Three hours. What, in the name of all that is good and pure, are they going to show us for three freaking hours? You know, I never before assumed that the “live grand finale” moniker meant that the episode would play out in real time, but now I’m starting to wonder.
Oh, Janice. You can’t even pull a good one out for the finale? I mean, it was very humorous when you literally jumped on Eva when she won, but that’s not exactly a quote. And it was pretty funny, too, when you referred to Amanda as “Japanda,” but it’s really not comparable to some of your other, finer moments. However, I think perhaps “Japanda” was channeling you when she said the following at the Cover Girl photo shoot:
“I was trying to utilize my inner joy, my appreciation for bunny rabbits and France.”
This is the way the quote was presented on the UPN site, but when I first heard it on the show last night, I originally thought she said “my appreciation for bunny rabbits in France,” which is so much better. Because why are French bunny rabbits more evocative of joy than bunny rabbits in other countries? Still, it’s pretty bizarre. I mean, France? Does France really make her that exuberant? Personally, I’ve always had a rather love-hate relationship with France, particularly Paris. I can’t imagine that thinking about France would really work for me, you know, as a modeling technique. But then again, I am not Amanda. And I am ever so thankful for that.
In other reality news, remember when I expressed shock that the finale of The Apprentice was going to be two hours long? Yeah, well it turns out it’s actually three hours. Three hours. What, in the name of all that is good and pure, are they going to show us for three freaking hours? You know, I never before assumed that the “live grand finale” moniker meant that the episode would play out in real time, but now I’m starting to wonder.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]