Friday, December 10, 2004

Merry Christmas, from your friends at the Alabama Department of Revenue
So it’s official: The bureaucracy of the state of Alabama hates me. (The feeling, I can assure you, is mutual.) Yesterday, I got a letter from the Department of Revenue, saying that I had been randomly selected to participate in a survey about liability insurance. Basically, I just have to fill out this form with my insurance information and send it back to them. Sounds simple enough, right? But if I don’t do it within 30 days (or if they somehow don’t get the letter, which, considering the history of my correspondence with state agencies, seems highly possible), my vehicle registration will be suspended.

I have a hard time believing that, after all the hours I’ve spent at the courthouse, trying to get various vehicle-related complications straightened out, they just “happened” to come across my name randomly. I’m probably on some kind frequent-customer list or something, and they just wanted one more excuse to torture me. Well done, guys.

Appropriate song lyric of the week
If in the evening,
All you do is watch TV
‘Cause you’re too tired for anything else,
You’re just like me.

—The Perishers, “Weekends”

Is it just me, or did last night’s TV offerings pretty much suck across the board? First, like Harbor School would ever actually call its winter formal “The SnO.C.” Seriously. And how many times are we going to have to watch the same recycled storyline? Ooh, Ryan and Marissa and Seth and Summer are dating new people! Wait, no they’re not! Wait, but they are! Oh, but they’re not! Oh, but…I just don’t care anymore. Make up your mind, O.C., and let’s get on with things.

Next up, on The Apprentice, the Donald pretty much tells us that Kelly’s going to win. Way to keep the suspense alive there, big guy. And yet, even though we know the outcome, we’re still supposed to sit through a two-hour finale next week? Not bloody likely.

By the time E.R. came on, I was so weary of all the bad television that I couldn’t even bring myself to care when Chen killed her dad. Ugh. At least all these shows are either going on hiatus for the holiday season or going away altogether. Not that I’ll really know what to do with myself when that happens, because…you know, I’m too tired for anything else but bad TV.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]