Wednesday, April 30, 2008
OMG!
I swear, if I see one more ad campaign that features the phrase "OMG," I am going to scream. (Although yes, the screaming will probably include an "Oh my God!" or two.) Seriously, though. It was kind of self-deprecatingly cheeky when Gossip Girl did it (in that signature self-depricatingly cheeky Josh Schwartz manner), but all the second-rate copycats are wearing on my last nerve.
I think I probably need to watch a little less CW and a little more PBS. And maybe spend less time reading about the Miley Cyrus controversy and a little more time reading about...I don't know, the economic crisis. Although really, at this point, it seems like only a matter of time before President Bush begins a press conference with, "OMG! The Fed totally just cut interest rates again!"
I swear, if I see one more ad campaign that features the phrase "OMG," I am going to scream. (Although yes, the screaming will probably include an "Oh my God!" or two.) Seriously, though. It was kind of self-deprecatingly cheeky when Gossip Girl did it (in that signature self-depricatingly cheeky Josh Schwartz manner), but all the second-rate copycats are wearing on my last nerve.
I think I probably need to watch a little less CW and a little more PBS. And maybe spend less time reading about the Miley Cyrus controversy and a little more time reading about...I don't know, the economic crisis. Although really, at this point, it seems like only a matter of time before President Bush begins a press conference with, "OMG! The Fed totally just cut interest rates again!"
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]