Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Gettin' busy
It seems like at the end of each season (in this case, summer), there's an all-too-brief lull in which my calendar is completely empty, immediately after which it somehow becomes completely full. The pre-fall lull has already come and gone, and I've already been catapulted squarely into hectic territory. Looking at my calendar yesterday, I realized that I'm only going to be in the office for 12 days during the month of October, thanks to a wedding, a trade show and, oh yeah, that two-week trip to Thailand I may have mentioned once or twice.

Speaking of that, the event that kicked off this crazy autumn was a work-related visit to Cincinnati this past weekend, during which Bri and I got to sit down and actually plan our trip. To co-opt a phrase from Barney Stinson (Are you watching How I Met Your Mother? Why not?), it is going to be legendary. There will be elephant riding, bamboo rafting, kayaking, snorkeling, temple visiting and, if history is any indication, Britney Spears. Yep, it seems that we were unable to even get through our planning session without pausing to watch Ms. Spears' latest VMA performance, then analyze what went so horribly awry by comparing it to a few of her better efforts. So it seems that Brit is destined to be our traveling companion again for our latest Excellent Adventure. Let's just hope that, in the past three years, our travel skills haven't gone the way of her career.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]