Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Does this mean I'm an...adult?
I honestly couldn't tell you what I was most excited about yesterday: The fact that our pub-quiz team managed to command the lead after the first round of trivia last night, or the fact that my company is now offering vision insurance to its employees. Considering that, immediately after that high, our quiz score steadily declined throughout the night until we were left in our usual position of tied-for-fourth-from-last, and that the vision insurance will allow me to get a brand-new pair of glasses for just $25, I'm inclined to think it's the latter. Sure, our brief moment on the top was great, but my current pair of glasses has an outdated prescription, an arm that I had to super-glue back on, and a frame that is partially covered in nail polish thanks to an incident in my makeup bag while traveling. I really need new glasses.
I honestly couldn't tell you what I was most excited about yesterday: The fact that our pub-quiz team managed to command the lead after the first round of trivia last night, or the fact that my company is now offering vision insurance to its employees. Considering that, immediately after that high, our quiz score steadily declined throughout the night until we were left in our usual position of tied-for-fourth-from-last, and that the vision insurance will allow me to get a brand-new pair of glasses for just $25, I'm inclined to think it's the latter. Sure, our brief moment on the top was great, but my current pair of glasses has an outdated prescription, an arm that I had to super-glue back on, and a frame that is partially covered in nail polish thanks to an incident in my makeup bag while traveling. I really need new glasses.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]