Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Dreametaphor
Last night, I had this really odd dream in which a guy in my apartment complex (a made-up guy, as far as I know) had a huge crush on me and was sneaking into my apartment at night when I was asleep to leave me ugly little presents, the likes of which you would find on late-night QVC, in random places. Needless to say, I was a little unnerved by this, especially when I realized that the lock on my door was broken, and there was really no way to secure it. On one occasion, I woke up and caught him in the act, but he managed to slip out the door before I could do more than scream, "Get out!" As the breaking-in and present-leaving continued, I became more and more stressed out. Finally, one afternoon while my mother and I were making the bed (and after I discovered a hideous china figurine hidden between the sheets), I saw him slinking through the living room. I managed to corner him, and proceeded to yell for quite a long time about how you can't just go into people's houses in the middle of the night uninvited because it's just creepy, and he really just needs to give it up because a) I have a boyfriend, and b) even if I didn't have a boyfriend, I still wouldn't go out with him because of the aforementioned creepiness, and that if I saw him or any evidence of him in my house again, I would call the police. Finally, all the screaming seemed to get through to him, and he skulked off, defeated.
When I awoke from this very vivid dream this morning, my first thought was, "Huh. I wonder where that came from." And then it hit me: creepy breaking-and-entering neighbor = mouse. You see, I've recently come across a couple of droppings in my apartment, leading me to believe that my mouse problems may not be as far behind me as I'd hoped. But thanks to this dream, I now know how to handle it: If I see the mouse again, I'll just corner it and make it sit still while I scream about how it's rude to break into people's houses and that I'm never going to go out with it and that I'll call the police if I ever see it in my house again. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of this before?
Last night, I had this really odd dream in which a guy in my apartment complex (a made-up guy, as far as I know) had a huge crush on me and was sneaking into my apartment at night when I was asleep to leave me ugly little presents, the likes of which you would find on late-night QVC, in random places. Needless to say, I was a little unnerved by this, especially when I realized that the lock on my door was broken, and there was really no way to secure it. On one occasion, I woke up and caught him in the act, but he managed to slip out the door before I could do more than scream, "Get out!" As the breaking-in and present-leaving continued, I became more and more stressed out. Finally, one afternoon while my mother and I were making the bed (and after I discovered a hideous china figurine hidden between the sheets), I saw him slinking through the living room. I managed to corner him, and proceeded to yell for quite a long time about how you can't just go into people's houses in the middle of the night uninvited because it's just creepy, and he really just needs to give it up because a) I have a boyfriend, and b) even if I didn't have a boyfriend, I still wouldn't go out with him because of the aforementioned creepiness, and that if I saw him or any evidence of him in my house again, I would call the police. Finally, all the screaming seemed to get through to him, and he skulked off, defeated.
When I awoke from this very vivid dream this morning, my first thought was, "Huh. I wonder where that came from." And then it hit me: creepy breaking-and-entering neighbor = mouse. You see, I've recently come across a couple of droppings in my apartment, leading me to believe that my mouse problems may not be as far behind me as I'd hoped. But thanks to this dream, I now know how to handle it: If I see the mouse again, I'll just corner it and make it sit still while I scream about how it's rude to break into people's houses and that I'm never going to go out with it and that I'll call the police if I ever see it in my house again. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of this before?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]