Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Natural high
So as you may have heard by now, Bri and I have been planning to take the Excellent Adventure global later this year with a trip to Thailand. Last night, we actually sat down and bought our tickets to Bangkok. Seriously, I don't know why anyone would want to do drugs when they can just purchase international airfare. I mean, sure, the ticket to Bangkok certainly wasn't cheap, but last I heard, neither were cocaine or heroin. And while last night's ticket-buying didn't have the same adrenaline-filled, stock-trading-floor feel of Jeff's and my Paris ticket purchase a couple years ago (during which I had both Jeff and the Travelocity rep on the phone and was switching back and forth, and ended up getting my amazingly cheap ticket booked through some secret Travelocity channel that I'm still not sure really existed), seeing that I was confirmed for a flight that I've been stalking for, oh, about nine months now did cause my pulse to quicken. In fact, I had so much excited energy in me after Bri and I hung up that I was actually compelled to run for much of my evening walk. I ran, people! And I smiled while doing it! I think the only time that's ever happened before was when I crossed the finish line of my one and only 5K and knew my brief stint as a runner was behind me.

Oh my God, could you imagine if I was a contestant on The Amazing Race? I'd be strung out like Lindsay Lohan. (Incidentally, I've been catching up on TAR1 via Netflix, and I think it's a testament to the sheer amount of research that I've already done for the Thailand trip that, mere seconds into the previews for the next episode, I could immediately tell that's where they were going. Yeah, there's no way this trip isn't going to be a let-down. Then again, I did quite a lot of research prior to the last Excellent Adventure, and it was pretty awesome. Plus, it's still two full weeks off from work, and you can't really argue with the beauty of that.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]