Friday, December 22, 2006

So this is Christmas (travel)
I know airports are crazy places during the holidays. Although I myself have never actually flown home for Christmas, I've seen Home Alone. I know how insane it is. Or I thought I did. Because if I really knew, there's no way I would have hit the snooze button yesterday morning, as doing so caused me to miss my train by 2 minutes, setting off a chain of events that culminated in me arriving at a Southwest check-in line that stretched across most of the terminal approximately 45 minutes before I was to board my flight. If making the flight seemed like a lost cause then, it seemed even further gone when I finally bellied up to the check-in kiosk 47 minutes later. For those of you following at home, that's 2 minutes after my flight was supposed to take off. But thanks to a security delay in Norfolk and a valiant shoeless sprint by yours truly, I made it on the plane just as they were about to close the boarding door. It was like a moment from The Amazing Race. It was like that scene on Lost where Hurley's rushing through the airport to make his ultimately doomed flight. Or maybe it's not like a TV show at all, but rather like me being stupid and not realizing there would be 22,000 people trying to move through the Baltimore airport four days before Christmas. Yeah, it's kind of like that.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]