Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Who's with me?
The freedom to participate in a democratic process, the sense of pride that comes with doing one's civic duty, the chance to help shape the future of our country: these are all good things about voting. But come on. We all know that the best thing about voting is the free sticker. (Or apparently, if you're Brian, the kisses. Clearly I should have voted in Norfolk, because my "I Voted in Arlington" sticker didn't say anything about kissing.)

Still, I'm pretty happy with any type of voting sticker--it's like we're all transported back to elementary school for the day (some of us more literally than others--my polling place was actually an elementary-school gym) and are being rewarded for getting an A on a test. The only thing better would've been if I'd gotten a little smiley face drawn on my ballot, too, although I'm not sure that would have been possible with the electronic voting machine I used.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]