Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Please don't take my sunshine away
Unlike some of my fellow bloggers, I am not currently falling for fall. This is not exactly what I had in mind back when I was wishing for this time of year. Don't get me wrong--I appreciate the cooler weather, and along with it, the chance to ditch my increasingly tired summer wardrobe. But this (at least not here in D.C.) isn't clear, crisp, sunshiny days. This is cloudy, drizzly, dreary gray nastiness with a side of permeating chill. This is the kind of weather that makes me want to play depressing music, which in turn makes me actually depressed when I have no real reason to be. (On the bright side, I think I've just answered Nick Hornby's eternal question of whether we listen to sad music because we're sad or if it's the music itself that makes us sad.) Plus, it's not cold enough yet to wear my new empire-waist corduroy jacket from H&M or the Isaac Mizrahi black cashmere turtleneck that I bought on sale last year. I think that's the real problem here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]