Thursday, September 07, 2006
No time! There's never! Any! Time! I don't have time to study! I'll never get into Stanford! I'll let everyone down!
Before you say it, no, I haven't been popping caffeine pills. But it's true that this week, I have increasingly felt more on edge than Jessie Spano the night before a geometry midterm. Despite having preciously little to do at work, I feel like there's never any time to do the things I want to do. I have e-mails to friends that percolate in my mind for days before they actually get sent, potential mix CDs that are swimming around in my head instead of being formed into iTunes playlists, and a sink full of dirty dishes that aren't going to wash themselves. (Admittedly, perhaps if I hadn't decided to cram in five episodes of Veronica Mars last night in my fervor to get to the Season 1 finale, I might have had time to do some of these other things.) I had begun a great blog post about Heather's and my recent night out on the town, but alas, I even had to give up the ghost on that one. That moment's passed, and another one is quickly speeding our way. Is it the shorter work week that's making me feel this way? The knowledge that this is but the beginning of my crazy, action-packed fall? All I know is, I don't have time to sit around and analyze it.
Before you say it, no, I haven't been popping caffeine pills. But it's true that this week, I have increasingly felt more on edge than Jessie Spano the night before a geometry midterm. Despite having preciously little to do at work, I feel like there's never any time to do the things I want to do. I have e-mails to friends that percolate in my mind for days before they actually get sent, potential mix CDs that are swimming around in my head instead of being formed into iTunes playlists, and a sink full of dirty dishes that aren't going to wash themselves. (Admittedly, perhaps if I hadn't decided to cram in five episodes of Veronica Mars last night in my fervor to get to the Season 1 finale, I might have had time to do some of these other things.) I had begun a great blog post about Heather's and my recent night out on the town, but alas, I even had to give up the ghost on that one. That moment's passed, and another one is quickly speeding our way. Is it the shorter work week that's making me feel this way? The knowledge that this is but the beginning of my crazy, action-packed fall? All I know is, I don't have time to sit around and analyze it.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]