Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We used to be friends
I'm talking about you and me, here, Netflix. What happened? Did you learn about my working of the system oh so many months ago, and you're just now exacting your revenge? Don't you think it's a little late for these childish tactics? I'm living by the rules now, paying you $15 a month for the privelege of watching Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars uninterrupted, and this is how you repay me? By suddenly cutting me off from Lorelai and Rory in the middle of Season 5, just when I'd managed to craft the perfect schedule for getting in the rest of the season by the end of this month? I mean, do you really expect me to believe that there's suddenly been a rush on Disc 4 of a season that aired two years ago? I suppose you know deep down that I'm not buying it, and that's why you sent your girl Veronica Mars in to distract me with her awesome snarkiness and her adorable tough-cookie-ness and her Dandy Warhols theme song that gets stuck in my head. Well, good job there, Netflix, but I won't forget that easily. Especially when you tell me that my next Mars fix won't be here until Friday. It's Tuesday. And let's not even talk about the fact that I mailed a disc back on Saturday, meaning I technically should have a little red envelope waiting for me when I get home this evening. If that's the way you want to play it, then FINE. We are so in a fight.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]