Thursday, August 10, 2006

Things I love at the moment

-John Steinbeck. Right now I'm reading Travels With Charley, his travelogue about driving across America with his standard poodle. Let me just say, John Steinbeck writing about travel? It doesn't get much better than that, at least not in my universe.

-Vegetarian Times. A while ago, I thought to myself: Wow, I love both goat cheese and cilantro so much that if I were ever to find a recipe that incorporated goat cheese and cilantro, I might never eat anything else. That recipe is in VT's September issue. I'm making it next week, and possibly for the rest of my life.

-The little nip in the air. On Monday and Tuesday it was still just wishful thinking, but yesterday and today it was truly there. It seems as if my weather-channeling plan actually worked.

-The sundae I made today at work. Our printer threw us an ice cream social this afternoon, with seven kinds of ice cream and as many toppings as you can imagine. (As well as some you probably can't imagine. Chocolate-covered gummi bears? Are a better idea in theory than in practice.) Not being able to decide on one sundae "theme" from the vast array of toppings present, I decided just to take the things I really loved. Which is how I wound up with a vanilla-chocolate sundae with hot fudge, raspberries and butterscotch chips. Actually, if I'd really followed this maxim, the ice cream would've been cookie dough, but I restrained myself. When it comes to sundaes, there's a fine line between awesome and disgusting, and I was already dancing precariously close to the edge.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]