Tuesday, August 22, 2006

My fall lineup
Just in case you're not already aware of how big a dork I actually am, let me just throw this out there: I just spent several minutes entering the premiere dates and times for my favorite TV shows into my computer's calendar. Not only that, but I set little reminder messages for each one, just in case I should accidentally forget to glance at the calendar once premiere season draws nigh. Because, you know, if I should accidentally miss the premiere of Lost, the world will likely stop spinning on its axis. (No, I'm serious. It could. But it probably won't, if only because October 4 at 9 p.m. is already etched onto my brain.)

Putting my extreme dorkitude aside for a moment (or possibly shining the light on it even brighter, depending on how you want to look at it), it looks as if this TV year is shaping up quite nicely. Of course, there's always the possibility of sudden cancellations, intriguing mid-season replacements and time-slot tangoes to throw it all to hell, but right now, it's gelling in a most pleasing manner. Let's have a look:

Sunday: The Amazing Race and Desperate Housewives. Honestly, I'm pretty much over both of these shows. But what the hell else am I going to do on Sunday nights?

Monday: How I Met Your Mother. Again this year, with the exception of this little 30-minute gem, Mondays are pretty much devoid of quality entertainment. I blame this in part on the puzzling recussitation of The Bane of Doug's Existence, otherwise known as 7th Heaven. Any hope I held that the J.J. Abrams-helmed Life With Brian would catapult Monday out of this lameness was immediately dashed by, well, the lameness of Life With Brian. But is it too late to hope that it could have a sophomore-season surge, a la fellow mid-season replacements The Office and Grey's Anatomy? Boredom just might compel me to find out.

Tuesday: Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars. Someone made the brilliant choice to schedule my two newest obsessions (well, technically, Veronica Mars is not an obsession proper yet, as I'm still working my way through the G-Girls) back to back, and I love them for it. Although I joined the Gilmore Girls party waaaay too late (the show's original creators have stepped down, and this is likely the final season), I'm still looking forward to a full night of wit and snark.

Wednesday: America's Next Top Model and Lost. What can I say? Two completely different kinds of awesomeness, back to back. Wednesdays were my favorite TV nights last year, and I'm guessing that will be the case again, but they'll have some competition from...

Thursday: The Office and Grey's Anatomy. Again, two totally different kinds of awesome, although the differences here are just a tad bit more subtle. Both of these shows have the ability to make me laugh and cry within the span of one episode. That's potentially a lot of laughing and crying in one night, which could be good or bad. We'll see how it goes.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]