Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Gee, I can't wait to be pregnant
Sometimes it's as if I already am, with the random and intense food cravings I get sometimes. A few weekends ago, it was gummi bears. Walking through the mall to the Metro, I saw a couple of gummi bears littered on the ground, and suddenly I couldn't get them out of my mind. (Yes, I realize how weird it is that seeing gummi bears sitting on the dirty, nasty floor would make me want to eat them. But in my defense, I craved clean, fresh-out-of-the-bag gummi bears, not dirty-floor gummi bears.)
Today, it was Five Guys, known to some as the makers of the best burger this side of Booche's. The thought of eating anything else for lunch made me physically ill. I must say, I felt pretty damn good tearing through that yummy, yummy cheeseburger. I felt not quite as good as I devoured most of the extra fries the guy threw in my bag, mostly because they'd gotten kind of cold and soggy at that point. And now? Well, now I feel like crap. Which leads me to believe that I wouldn't be very good at that whole pregnancy thing. If this is how poorly I handle food cravings, I have to think I'd be hopeless when it comes to fluctuating hormones, morning sickness, labor, and all of the much-harder stuff that goes along with pregnancy. Count me out for now.
Sometimes it's as if I already am, with the random and intense food cravings I get sometimes. A few weekends ago, it was gummi bears. Walking through the mall to the Metro, I saw a couple of gummi bears littered on the ground, and suddenly I couldn't get them out of my mind. (Yes, I realize how weird it is that seeing gummi bears sitting on the dirty, nasty floor would make me want to eat them. But in my defense, I craved clean, fresh-out-of-the-bag gummi bears, not dirty-floor gummi bears.)
Today, it was Five Guys, known to some as the makers of the best burger this side of Booche's. The thought of eating anything else for lunch made me physically ill. I must say, I felt pretty damn good tearing through that yummy, yummy cheeseburger. I felt not quite as good as I devoured most of the extra fries the guy threw in my bag, mostly because they'd gotten kind of cold and soggy at that point. And now? Well, now I feel like crap. Which leads me to believe that I wouldn't be very good at that whole pregnancy thing. If this is how poorly I handle food cravings, I have to think I'd be hopeless when it comes to fluctuating hormones, morning sickness, labor, and all of the much-harder stuff that goes along with pregnancy. Count me out for now.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]