Saturday, August 26, 2006

Cheap dogs and beauty booty
This afternoon, Autumn and I made a trek out to IKEA to buy some stuff for our new apartments. (OK, so my apartment isn't nearly as new as hers is, but embarrassingly, she's not too far behind me in the race to unpack.) I was very good, and restricted my purchases only to the things I desperately needed, like a table lamp base to replace the one that broke while I was moving, and a frame for the poster of Monmartre that Jeff bought me for Christmas, which has been sitting in its tube ever since. I carefully budgeted my cash so that I'd have just enough left over to buy a hot dog from the snack bar on the way out. However, they didn't have the watering can I wanted, so I could afford the full meal deal: two hot dogs, chips and a drink. I'm beginning to think the best part about IKEA is the hot dogs. Oh, sure, they're nothing to write home about, taste-wise, but they're only 50 cents. Fifty cents! How anyone can leave that place (especially after a couple hours of hunger-inducing shopping) without a hot dog in the belly is beyond me. (OK, maybe not at 10 a.m. But that's when you go for the delicious $1 fro yo.)

Throughout the day, Autumn plied me with samples left over from an article she'd written on local cosmetics stores. The loot included three addiction-feeding tubes of MAC lip gloss, some shampoo that smells vaguely like Mexican food (it contains lime and sea salt, so that's probably inevitable) but is supposed to be amazing for your hair, plus various other trial-sized lotions and potions. And so now I am going to spend the rest of my Saturday evening beautifying both myself and my apartment. Considering that I didn't wake up until noon today and committed a rare caffiene indulgence with Wild Cherry Pepsi at the IKEA food court, it's safe to say that I could be beautifying into the wee hours of the morning.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]