Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Now that's multi-tasking
Have you ever tried to proofread and make pancakes at the same time? As of last night, I can say that I have, although I would advise such an activity to be undertaken only if you are as skilled at both components as I am. Even with this tooting of my own horn, I have to admit that the pancakes were not up to the standard of perfection to which I usually hold myself. I can only hope the same doesn't hold true for the proofreading, as this was my first and only chance to proof the book I kinda sorta (not really, as it turns out, after my editor made her revisions) ghost-wrote.

As part of the proofing process, I was taking a look yesterday at the copyright pages in a couple of the random books sitting around my office, and I came across what might be the most awesome dedication ever:

This book is dedicated to me, Dr. Ralph R. Kylloe Jr. What the heck? I've worked hard all my life, been nice to people most of the time and done some pretty good things in my time. I hope someone remembers me when I'm dead and gone. And besides, we average folks need someone on our side. If we don't speak up for ourselves, no one else will! And when will I ever have another chance to do this? So always try to add just a bit of humor in your day--it'll help you get through all the goofy stuff in the world.

Dr. Ralph R. Kylloe Jr., I have no idea who you are, nor do I have any idea how your book, Adirondack Home, happened to be in my office (as is the case with most of the books on my bookshelf), but I am pretty sure I love you.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]