Wednesday, March 22, 2006

How this didn't make the cut in Alanis's lyrics is beyond me
Have you ever stopped to ponder the irony of the fact that most scented laundry detergents are based on things that are actually unscented? Think about it. Mountain Spring? That's water. No scent. Clean Breeze? Air. Also no scent. And what's with Original Scent? How do they decide that this particular aromatic combination is classic enough to be termed "original"? It seems to me that the pressure of trying to come up with an "original" scent would be overwhelming, although I guess no more so than trying to assign scents to things that naturally don't have them. I suppose it's a good thing I'm not a professional laundry-detergent fragrance developer.

You can blame Dave for inspiring these scent-illating ruminations on laundry detergent. (I, however, take full responsibility for that horrible pun.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]