Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Shower the people
Something has gone seriously awry with my shower. When I turn it all the way on, the water pressure is practically nonexistent, yet when I turn it halfway off, so that most of the water from the tap is actually gushing into my tub, the showerhead water pressure suddenly returns to full force. This makes very little sense to me, but what makes even less sense is that when I do this, the water coming out of the tap and the water coming out of the showerhead are often radically different temperatures. I will often just stand there in the shower with one hand under each water source, marveling at how one can be scalding hot while the other is freezing cold. Needless to say, this makes it quite difficult to get any of the things done for which I went into the shower in the first place.
So vexing is this mystery of plumbing that I think that even if my parents had given in and bought my sister and I that set of Bob Villa do-it-yourself home repair books we always wanted (which, no doubt, would have been displayed proudly next to the Ronco Food Dehydrator and Sally Struthers veterinary assistant degree that we also wanted but never received), it still could not be solved. Some mysteries are beyond the comprehension of even Bob Villa.
Something has gone seriously awry with my shower. When I turn it all the way on, the water pressure is practically nonexistent, yet when I turn it halfway off, so that most of the water from the tap is actually gushing into my tub, the showerhead water pressure suddenly returns to full force. This makes very little sense to me, but what makes even less sense is that when I do this, the water coming out of the tap and the water coming out of the showerhead are often radically different temperatures. I will often just stand there in the shower with one hand under each water source, marveling at how one can be scalding hot while the other is freezing cold. Needless to say, this makes it quite difficult to get any of the things done for which I went into the shower in the first place.
So vexing is this mystery of plumbing that I think that even if my parents had given in and bought my sister and I that set of Bob Villa do-it-yourself home repair books we always wanted (which, no doubt, would have been displayed proudly next to the Ronco Food Dehydrator and Sally Struthers veterinary assistant degree that we also wanted but never received), it still could not be solved. Some mysteries are beyond the comprehension of even Bob Villa.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]