Sunday, January 22, 2006

Seriously, what is wrong with me?
So how's this for a rockin' Saturday? Last night, I went to bed at 9.

Actually, that's not entirely true. At 9:00, I was watching Will & Grace DVDs, fully intending to start on some freelance work afterward (so clearly, my night was already off to a rollicking start), but I became so overwhelmed with exhaustion that I decided it would probably be a good idea to take a quick nap before I attempted to make any sense of my freelance assignment.

An hour later, I woke up so groggy that I realized the freelance work was likely a lost cause. Therefore, I decided to just stop fighting the exhaustion and go to bed already, reasoning that my early bedtime would compel me to wake up early the next day, giving me plenty of time to complete my freelance assignment in between all my other commitments.

It was a good idea in theory--except the "early" time I woke up was 3 a.m., which meant I had to force myself to go back to sleep until a normal hour. Which ended up being 9.

After sleeping for nearly 12 hours, you'd think I'd be exceptionally well-rested, but I'm not. I'm still finding it a bit difficult to hold my head up and keep my eyes open, and the not-very-exciting nature of my freelance work is only compounding that. And so I implore you: Seriously, what is wrong with me?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]