Friday, January 06, 2006

It's not exactly a 40-foot billboard in Times Square, but...
This afternoon, I got a sneak preview of the layout of the hat article I modeled for--and discovered that the full-page opening image is...well, me. All right, mostly it's the hat, but I am the one wearing it, and slightly out of focus in the background are my lips, chin, and unusually protruding collarbone. (Seriously. I don't know what was going on. I've got the collarbone of a mid-anorexia Lindsay Lohan in this picture for some reason.) Oh, and my hand is resting on the brim of the hat prominently in the foreground because, after I informed the photo stylist about my desire to become a hand model, she wanted to make sure I had another shot to add to my portfolio. No, really. That's why she had me put my hand on the hat.

The experience of seeing my picture blown up to such proportions, all the while knowing it would soon be appearing on newsstands, was equal parts exciting and horrifying. It was kind of like when we did our practice round for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, and the video was projected onto these two jumbo screens in the studio. It was at that point that I started to think maybe I didn't really want to be a millionaire so much.

My sneak peek at the layout also revealed that my Katherine Heigl dress unfortunately didn't make it into the magazine. I suspected as much, though. By the time we finally got to the photo shoot, selected outfits, then chose hats to go with the outfits, the light outdoors had become pretty harsh, rendering the images too shadowy to be used. So you win, Katherine Heigl...this round.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]