Thursday, January 19, 2006
It's the little things
So far, this week has been full of big things. Big opportunities, big questions, big revelations, big assumptions, and big changes, one right after the other. And while most, if not all, of these big things have been of the good variety, the effect of them descending upon me all at once has been more than a little overwhelming at times.
So now I'm taking solace in the little things, like the short messages written inside the individually wrapped Dove dark chocolates residing in my freezer. They say things like, "Sing out loud to the elevator music" (I haven't done this yet--I never take the elevator) and "When two hearts race, both win" (cheesy, I know, but it got me right there). My favorite one that I've come across, however, is the smallest one of all, bearing only two words: "Why not?"
A small question, yes, but I have a feeling that it might just lead me to even bigger things.
So far, this week has been full of big things. Big opportunities, big questions, big revelations, big assumptions, and big changes, one right after the other. And while most, if not all, of these big things have been of the good variety, the effect of them descending upon me all at once has been more than a little overwhelming at times.
So now I'm taking solace in the little things, like the short messages written inside the individually wrapped Dove dark chocolates residing in my freezer. They say things like, "Sing out loud to the elevator music" (I haven't done this yet--I never take the elevator) and "When two hearts race, both win" (cheesy, I know, but it got me right there). My favorite one that I've come across, however, is the smallest one of all, bearing only two words: "Why not?"
A small question, yes, but I have a feeling that it might just lead me to even bigger things.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]