Thursday, January 12, 2006
Apparently I've been happy
Tonight, after a particularly hellacious day at work, I was at the track, trying to run off some stress. (Look at me, thinking of running as stress relief, rather than a cause of stress--that must be progress, right?) I was shuffling through my iPod, trying to find some angry music to accompany me, when suddenly I was at a loss. I mean, I've got the songs on my pre-set "running mix," some of which are kind of angry (I seem to run best when listening to bitter break-up music, for some reason), but that just wasn't going to cut it today. My mind flitted briefly to my old stand-by in college, Ani DiFranco, but she wasn't right either. Finally, I just gave up and turned on the running mix. Soon after I did, it hit me: I've transfered all of my CDs to my iPod, which includes all of the music I bought while in high school--you know, Garbage, Alanis Morrissette (the good stuff, before she started singing about transparent dangling carrots), all that really super angry music. How is it possible that I'd so soon forgotten all of my teenage angst? Whatever the case, it seems that I've remembered its accompanying soundtrack just in time.
Tonight, after a particularly hellacious day at work, I was at the track, trying to run off some stress. (Look at me, thinking of running as stress relief, rather than a cause of stress--that must be progress, right?) I was shuffling through my iPod, trying to find some angry music to accompany me, when suddenly I was at a loss. I mean, I've got the songs on my pre-set "running mix," some of which are kind of angry (I seem to run best when listening to bitter break-up music, for some reason), but that just wasn't going to cut it today. My mind flitted briefly to my old stand-by in college, Ani DiFranco, but she wasn't right either. Finally, I just gave up and turned on the running mix. Soon after I did, it hit me: I've transfered all of my CDs to my iPod, which includes all of the music I bought while in high school--you know, Garbage, Alanis Morrissette (the good stuff, before she started singing about transparent dangling carrots), all that really super angry music. How is it possible that I'd so soon forgotten all of my teenage angst? Whatever the case, it seems that I've remembered its accompanying soundtrack just in time.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]