Wednesday, November 23, 2005
I should just sell my soul to iTunes now and get it over with
I mean, it's inevitable that I'll have to one day, so why wait, right? I just found out yesterday, while listening to one of the weekly Lost podcasts (yes, I am a dork; thanks for asking) that you can download episodes of the show off iTunes for $1.99 apiece. (You can also get episodes of Desperate Housewives, too, but I am so over that show, as it has, as I pointed out last week on Jana's blog, not just jumped the shark, but is now running the 400 while using sharks as hurdles.) This is good, good news for me, as it means I can finally watch the various Lost episodes ABC chose not to rerun this summer without having to shell out loads of money for the DVD set. Of course, it could also be bad, bad news for my checkbook, particularly if this trend catches on. Could you imagine what would happen if I were able to download, episode by episode, with one click of a button from my cozy living room, Felicity? Or Friends? Or Sex and the City? Or Dawson's Creek? Or The O.C.? Or My So-Called Life? Or Coupling? Or Arrested Development? Or The Office (both versions)?
See what I mean? The selling of my soul is imminent. I just hope I don't do something stupid, like give the whole thing away for that one episode of My So-Called Life where Angela kisses Jordan Catalano. Because you know I totally would.
I mean, it's inevitable that I'll have to one day, so why wait, right? I just found out yesterday, while listening to one of the weekly Lost podcasts (yes, I am a dork; thanks for asking) that you can download episodes of the show off iTunes for $1.99 apiece. (You can also get episodes of Desperate Housewives, too, but I am so over that show, as it has, as I pointed out last week on Jana's blog, not just jumped the shark, but is now running the 400 while using sharks as hurdles.) This is good, good news for me, as it means I can finally watch the various Lost episodes ABC chose not to rerun this summer without having to shell out loads of money for the DVD set. Of course, it could also be bad, bad news for my checkbook, particularly if this trend catches on. Could you imagine what would happen if I were able to download, episode by episode, with one click of a button from my cozy living room, Felicity? Or Friends? Or Sex and the City? Or Dawson's Creek? Or The O.C.? Or My So-Called Life? Or Coupling? Or Arrested Development? Or The Office (both versions)?
See what I mean? The selling of my soul is imminent. I just hope I don't do something stupid, like give the whole thing away for that one episode of My So-Called Life where Angela kisses Jordan Catalano. Because you know I totally would.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]