Sunday, November 06, 2005

He's baaaack!
This afternoon, I had to go to the library to check out a book for work. As I was making my way up to the adult section, I happened to notice a man sitting at the computers in the children's library, reading an e-mail in what had to be at least a 72-point font. I mean, the text of the e-mail was clearly visible to me, standing a good 10 or 15 feet away. So I did what any normal person in my situation would do. I read part of it over his shoulder. (What? It's not like I became a journalist because I have a healthy respect for the privacy of others. Besides, if you read your e-mail in 72-point font, you're pretty much asking for other people to read it. You might as well take out a billboard.)

Anyway, this is what I read:

"You should know upfront that I like my 'whole body massaged' 'while in the nude'..." (I'm not sure why these phrases were in quotation marks; if they're supposed to be euphamisms, they're not very clever ones.)

I stopped reading at this point, because I knew immediately who it was: the mumbling gay john! Only apparently I had identified him wrong; it turns out he's actually a blind prostitute. At least, I think it was him. I didn't get a good look at him either time, so I can't be sure. But I really hope there's not more than one person trafficking in prostitution in the children's library. (This is all taking place, by the way, at the branch located in the poshest neighborhood in Birmingham.) Either way, I'm glad I still have Internet access at home.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]