Thursday, October 06, 2005
Oh, yeah
So I'm sure you were all riveted by the story of my perpetually clogged drain (and for those who actually were riveted, let me just say that the whole "sticking a coat hanger down there and hoping for the best" thing totally didn't work), but I thought you might also like to know the outcome of that little experiment I had going where I let you all make semi-important life decisions for me. With 95 percent of precincts reporting (and I'm assuming the other 5 percent don't really care), the results are as follows:
8 votes for not cutting my hair
0 votes for cutting my hair
2 undecided
7 votes for moving to Maine
0 votes for not moving to Maine
2 undecided
Also, because some of you out there just have to be renegades when it comes to this sort of thing, I also got the following write-in votes:
2 votes for me moving to New York (but one of these is being thrown out, as they were both from Danielle)
2 votes for me moving to Wisconsin
1 vote for me moving to Minneapolis
1 vote for me moving to Ohio
2 votes for "OK, fine, if you're not going to move to the exact city I live in, then at least move to somewhere in the Midwest"
1 vote for Dave cutting his hair and moving to Maine
After carefully analyzing the results, I have made a decision, which is (drumroll, please)...
I am cutting my hair and not moving to Maine!
I know, I know. First I solicit your advice, and then I go and ignore...well, pretty much all of it. But here's the way I see it: Hair grows back relatively quickly, whereas cross-country moves are kind of hard to undo if it turns out they don't suit you. Actually, I'm not totally sold on the hair thing, but I figured if I didn't at least do one of the two things, I'd be pretty lame. As I read back over all the comments, though, I'm starting to second-guess my decision on Maine, too. Crap. Is this where democracy has gotten us?
So I'm sure you were all riveted by the story of my perpetually clogged drain (and for those who actually were riveted, let me just say that the whole "sticking a coat hanger down there and hoping for the best" thing totally didn't work), but I thought you might also like to know the outcome of that little experiment I had going where I let you all make semi-important life decisions for me. With 95 percent of precincts reporting (and I'm assuming the other 5 percent don't really care), the results are as follows:
8 votes for not cutting my hair
0 votes for cutting my hair
2 undecided
7 votes for moving to Maine
0 votes for not moving to Maine
2 undecided
Also, because some of you out there just have to be renegades when it comes to this sort of thing, I also got the following write-in votes:
2 votes for me moving to New York (but one of these is being thrown out, as they were both from Danielle)
2 votes for me moving to Wisconsin
1 vote for me moving to Minneapolis
1 vote for me moving to Ohio
2 votes for "OK, fine, if you're not going to move to the exact city I live in, then at least move to somewhere in the Midwest"
1 vote for Dave cutting his hair and moving to Maine
After carefully analyzing the results, I have made a decision, which is (drumroll, please)...
I am cutting my hair and not moving to Maine!
I know, I know. First I solicit your advice, and then I go and ignore...well, pretty much all of it. But here's the way I see it: Hair grows back relatively quickly, whereas cross-country moves are kind of hard to undo if it turns out they don't suit you. Actually, I'm not totally sold on the hair thing, but I figured if I didn't at least do one of the two things, I'd be pretty lame. As I read back over all the comments, though, I'm starting to second-guess my decision on Maine, too. Crap. Is this where democracy has gotten us?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]