Monday, October 03, 2005
Earlier today, I was in a quandary about what to buy at the store to make for dinner this week. None of my usual options (read: the approximately three things I can actually cook) sounded appetizing. That's when I remembered Amber and her vegetarian corndogs--and just like that, dinner was saved!
Then it hit me: Perhaps my fellow bloggers do know best. In light of this realization, I shall present, for a vote amongst my readership, a few other decisions I am currently struggling with. Whichever option receives the most votes will be the one I choose!*
*Disclaimer: This is pretty much a total lie. I'm probably going to end up doing whatever I want to anyway, but I thought this might be a neat little experiment.
Item #1: New Haircut
Ever since seeing Selma Blair's cute short haircut yesterday in A Guy Thing (a movie that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be when I rented it, which still begs the question of why I rented it in the first place if I thought it was going to be so bad), I've been toying with the idea of chopping a good portion of my hair off.

Exhibit A: The haircut that launched a thousand misguided ideas about chopping one's hair off.
This cut is pretty similar to Gwyneth Paltrow's in Sliding Doors, which is the other haircut that has inspired me the past few times I've gotten most of my hair hacked off.
Exhibit B: The other haircut that launched a thousand misguided ideas about...well, you know the rest.
The thing is, this haircut is really only good for girls like Selma and Gwyneth, who have very dainty features--in other words, not me. I mean, I've had this haircut. I know it's not the best one for me. But at this point, my hair is driving me so freaking crazy that I almost don't care. Notice the almost. That's why I'm putting the fate of my hair in the hands of you, my faithful readers. Vote below! (But not before you read Item 2 on tonight's ballot.)
Item #2: New Job
OK, so. I actually don't want a new job. I love my job! But lately (and by "lately," I mean for the past year and a half or so), I've been craving a change of scenery. Short of requesting that my entire office pick up and move somewhere with me (which I don't think is going to go over too well), this means looking for a new job. I've been halfheartedly browsing around here and there, and today I came across a job at my level that sounded really awesome...and it's in Maine.
I went to Maine with my family when I was small, and it's one of the most gorgeous places I've ever laid eyes on. But to go from a relatively urban city in the South to a small town in super-northern New England might be a more drastic scenery change than I'd anticipated. Which is why I'm also putting this decision in your capable hands, dear readers. I mean, you've already chosen my dinner! Surely that entitles you to make a life-changing decision or two as well!
So vote now, and please make sure you mark your ballots accurately and completely, as I don't particularly want this decision to end up in the hands of the Supreme Court. I think they've got enough to deal with over there. Plus, I bet they don't know anything about vegetarian corndogs.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
