Monday, October 10, 2005
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks
Those of you who are acquainted with my fabulous former roomie, Diana, probably are aware of the fact that she has a tiny obsession with baseball (specifically of the St. Louis Cardinals variety). It was a passion that, combined with her love for Diet Coke, led my father to speculate on more than one occasion that Diana was his actual daughter and had been switched with me at birth. Given her obsession, it should come to no surprise to those who know her that when Diana finally started a blog, it would be all about baseball.
WARNING: I repeat, the blog you are about to read is all about baseball.
Now, I enjoy going to a baseball game as much as the next person, but that admittedly has more to do with the cheap beer and ample opportunities to make fun of people's outfits than it does the actual game itself. In fact, until Diana informed me otherwise, I was under the impression that DL stood for "down low" (which, OK, technically it does, but not so much in this context).
Clearly, this is not a blog for me.
But I realize there are some of you who might enjoy baseball for more than just the beer and bad fashion sense (neither of which, I'm assuming, will be discussed on Diana's blog), and therefore I have added Birds-on-Bat Girl to my list o' links. If you're like me, and your favorite sport is making fun of people's outfits...well, we've got a blog for that here, too.
Those of you who are acquainted with my fabulous former roomie, Diana, probably are aware of the fact that she has a tiny obsession with baseball (specifically of the St. Louis Cardinals variety). It was a passion that, combined with her love for Diet Coke, led my father to speculate on more than one occasion that Diana was his actual daughter and had been switched with me at birth. Given her obsession, it should come to no surprise to those who know her that when Diana finally started a blog, it would be all about baseball.
WARNING: I repeat, the blog you are about to read is all about baseball.
Now, I enjoy going to a baseball game as much as the next person, but that admittedly has more to do with the cheap beer and ample opportunities to make fun of people's outfits than it does the actual game itself. In fact, until Diana informed me otherwise, I was under the impression that DL stood for "down low" (which, OK, technically it does, but not so much in this context).
Clearly, this is not a blog for me.
But I realize there are some of you who might enjoy baseball for more than just the beer and bad fashion sense (neither of which, I'm assuming, will be discussed on Diana's blog), and therefore I have added Birds-on-Bat Girl to my list o' links. If you're like me, and your favorite sport is making fun of people's outfits...well, we've got a blog for that here, too.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]