Thursday, September 01, 2005

This week has been way too long
The following things, both of which have happened in the past hour, should provide you with some idea of my mental clarity at the moment:

First: I was listening to iTunes, which I’d earlier set to shuffle my entire music library. I was quite pleased (although somewhat mystified) that it seemed to be playing all of my favorite songs, one right after the other, and it took me approximately seven songs to realize that this was because I’d since clicked over to my Top 25 list (not set on shuffle).

Second: I was proofing a story I’d written, and I kept finding all these things wrong with it—little nitpicky things like misplaced commas or word choices that sounded strange. Since I'd already been over changes with my editor, I wondered who could have made these changes without my knowledge. So I checked the original document—turns out I actually wrote all of those things in the first place.

Thank God tomorrow is the beginning of a long weekend.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]