Monday, September 26, 2005
A matter of coincidence
Last night while watching Desperate Housewives, I found myself both admiring the black suit that Bree wore to her husband’s funeral and feeling conflicted over Susan’s daring (or maybe just misguided?) choice to accessorize her black dress with a cheery yellow scarf. This led me to wonder if I currently had anything in my closet that would be appropriate to wear to a funeral, as the last one I attended was my grandmother’s, almost four years ago.
Today, for no particular reason other than that I wanted to wear my knee-high boots because it’s rainy outside, I came to work dressed in all black. This morning, I learned that a woman in my office drowned at the beach over the weekend. That’s the kind of coincidence I don’t particularly care for, I’ve got to say.
Also last night, Ashton Kutcher made an appearance in my dream, and this morning I heard the news that he and Demi Moore had married over the weekend. This is a much better coincidence. I can handle this sort of coincidence. Let’s keep them in this vein from now on, shall we?
Last night while watching Desperate Housewives, I found myself both admiring the black suit that Bree wore to her husband’s funeral and feeling conflicted over Susan’s daring (or maybe just misguided?) choice to accessorize her black dress with a cheery yellow scarf. This led me to wonder if I currently had anything in my closet that would be appropriate to wear to a funeral, as the last one I attended was my grandmother’s, almost four years ago.
Today, for no particular reason other than that I wanted to wear my knee-high boots because it’s rainy outside, I came to work dressed in all black. This morning, I learned that a woman in my office drowned at the beach over the weekend. That’s the kind of coincidence I don’t particularly care for, I’ve got to say.
Also last night, Ashton Kutcher made an appearance in my dream, and this morning I heard the news that he and Demi Moore had married over the weekend. This is a much better coincidence. I can handle this sort of coincidence. Let’s keep them in this vein from now on, shall we?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]