Sunday, September 18, 2005
The constant nausea
If you just really enjoy feeling sick to your stomach (not sure why you would, but if that's your thing, I'm not going to judge), I highly recommend seeing The Constant Gardener. Not since The Blair Witch Project (a movie I'm glad I didn't see in the theater for more reasons than one) has a film's shaky camera work made me that physically ill. I'd love to be able to evaluate the movie on its narrative and artistic merits, but unfortunately, I had to keep my hands over my eyes for pretty much the last half of it to keep from puking in the aisle.
Just before the movie started, my friends and I had been discussing Ocean's Twelve, which they complained had a similar effect on them. My reaction was something along the lines of, "God, you guys are a bunch of babies." Oh, karma. You are a cruel mistress, aren't you?
If you just really enjoy feeling sick to your stomach (not sure why you would, but if that's your thing, I'm not going to judge), I highly recommend seeing The Constant Gardener. Not since The Blair Witch Project (a movie I'm glad I didn't see in the theater for more reasons than one) has a film's shaky camera work made me that physically ill. I'd love to be able to evaluate the movie on its narrative and artistic merits, but unfortunately, I had to keep my hands over my eyes for pretty much the last half of it to keep from puking in the aisle.
Just before the movie started, my friends and I had been discussing Ocean's Twelve, which they complained had a similar effect on them. My reaction was something along the lines of, "God, you guys are a bunch of babies." Oh, karma. You are a cruel mistress, aren't you?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]