Thursday, August 11, 2005

They don't lie at Disneyland
A couple of days ago, I received a comment from a complete stranger who had found my blog, and subsequently my novel, through Kristin's blog (which she came across randomly, I later discovered, via a Blogger interest search). She was excited that I had chosen her hometown--Athens, Ohio--as the setting for my big soccer/sprinkler/kissing scene. I confessed that I had actually just picked Athens at random off a map, and it wasn't until an embarrassing length of time had passed that I realized it was also the hometown of my good buddy Dave Gustafson. (Apparently when you're writing a novel in a month, the memory's the first thing to go.) Anyway, as it turns out, she actually graduated from high school with Gusto. See? It is a small world after all!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]