Sunday, August 14, 2005
Out of the mouths of babes, part 2
I've decided that I'm only hanging out with four-year-olds at the pool from now on. Not only do they keep me from having to listen to diatribes from annoying assholes, they're also pretty entertaining. Witness part of a conversation I had today with Richard, this little kid who will strike up a conversation with basically anyone who looks his way. (I guess he hasn't had the whole "Don't talk to strangers" lesson yet.) Earlier this week, he was showing me his "muscles," and today, he was demonstrating how he could put his "head" (which I soon figured out only meant his mouth) underwater.
Me: Wow, where'd you learn to swim like that?
Him: The Internet.
I've decided that I'm only hanging out with four-year-olds at the pool from now on. Not only do they keep me from having to listen to diatribes from annoying assholes, they're also pretty entertaining. Witness part of a conversation I had today with Richard, this little kid who will strike up a conversation with basically anyone who looks his way. (I guess he hasn't had the whole "Don't talk to strangers" lesson yet.) Earlier this week, he was showing me his "muscles," and today, he was demonstrating how he could put his "head" (which I soon figured out only meant his mouth) underwater.
Me: Wow, where'd you learn to swim like that?
Him: The Internet.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]