Wednesday, August 31, 2005
The finer points of Scott Speedman, Lesson #1
This is: Do not attempt to educate a gay man on the finer points of Scott Speedman. He will be distracted by making disparaging comments on the over-the-top gayness of Javier (whom you will not admit you’ve always found endearing, even though he really does act nothing like your real-life gay friends). And when his attention is not divided by Javier, he will decide that Noel is actually cuter than Ben. One episode (in which Noel was going through his “Leon” phase and had those hideous blond streaks in his hair, it’s worth noting), and he’s already in the Noel camp? Oy. But what did I expect from a guy who doesn’t understand the finer points of Seth Cohen, either? That’s elementary, people!
From now on, I’m only watching Felicity with straight men, who can at least appreciate the finer points of Keri Russell. Oh, Chase, why must you live so far away? And why did we last spend our brief time together ruining the Felicity episodes we watched with the audio commentary? I dare say we won’t make that mistake again.
This is: Do not attempt to educate a gay man on the finer points of Scott Speedman. He will be distracted by making disparaging comments on the over-the-top gayness of Javier (whom you will not admit you’ve always found endearing, even though he really does act nothing like your real-life gay friends). And when his attention is not divided by Javier, he will decide that Noel is actually cuter than Ben. One episode (in which Noel was going through his “Leon” phase and had those hideous blond streaks in his hair, it’s worth noting), and he’s already in the Noel camp? Oy. But what did I expect from a guy who doesn’t understand the finer points of Seth Cohen, either? That’s elementary, people!
From now on, I’m only watching Felicity with straight men, who can at least appreciate the finer points of Keri Russell. Oh, Chase, why must you live so far away? And why did we last spend our brief time together ruining the Felicity episodes we watched with the audio commentary? I dare say we won’t make that mistake again.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]