Saturday, August 13, 2005

Clueless in the digital age
Remember that scene in Clueless where Cher says that she never trusts mirrors and therefore always takes Polaroids? Well, I have to confess that ever since I got my digital camera last year, I've often thought about translating this idea to real life. I mean, it's true! Sometimes you just can't trust mirrors.

Last night, I was getting ready to go out and couldn't decide what I wanted to wear with the shirt I bought at the Kookai outlet in Paris. Should I go slightly punky with a black skirt and knee-high boots, or should I go for casual glam with jeans and heels? The mirror was no help in this instance, as I really needed to see both outfits side-by-side to make an informed decision. And then it hit me--break out the digital camera!

I set the camera's auto-timer and took a photo of myself in each outfit, which I then had to crop, because I was standing too far away to really be able to see the outfit well in the picture. I flipped back and forth for a minute or two, debating the merits of each outfit, before I looked at the clock and realized I had wasted so much time fooling around taking pictures of myself that I didn't have time to change again and would just have to wear the outfit I already had on (which, fortunately, was the one that looked marginally better in the pictures).

It just goes to show, I guess, that there are some ideas that are best left in movies. Then again, maybe I just need a Polaroid camera.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]