Wednesday, June 08, 2005

What would summer be without Brian McFayden?
First of all, let me just say that I did not turn on the television tonight with the intention of becoming addicted to another reality show. In fact, my goal was quite the opposite--I was hoping to bolster my reality-heavy TV diet with a good scripted drama, namely Lost, which I figured I could catch up on through reruns this summer, thereby perfectly poising myself to devour every scintillating moment once the new season starts in the fall.

However, despite what ABC's online schedule told me last week, the second half of the season premiere was not being run tonight, but rather Supernanny and Trista Rehn's latest excuse to whore herself for fame (or, as they prefer to call it, Dancing With the Stars). (Update: As I was typing this, I realized that Lost actually was on, only at 9. Oops.) Anyway. Not about to subject myself to one more minute of Trista's grating baby talk, I was forced to flip the channel.

Which is how I landed on Beauty & the Geek, where I immediately heard the narration of a familiar voice. Why, it was Brian McFayden, my favorite MTV-News-anchor-turned-reality-TV-host! (Not that there are any other MTV-News-anchors-turned-reality-TV-hosts, but you know what I mean.) Suddenly, I was struck with wonder over what Brian McFayden's life must be like: Does he sit around all year, waiting for some random summer reality show that will never make it to a second season to call him and offer him a job? It's certainly starting to look that way.

Be that as it may, I can't willingly distance myself from the adorableness that is Brian McFayden (who, in my opinion, is even more adorable with his new anti-Seacrest shaggy hair), so I decided to watch. And what do you know? It was actually kind of awesome. I mean, I'm pretty much burnt out on reality TV, but there's a girl on there whose caption says she's a life-size Barbie model. A life-size Barbie model! I don't even know what that means, but it sounds very intriguing. Unfortunately, she was eliminated in this episode, so there goes one of my two reasons to tune in next week. But hey, there's still Brian McFayden.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]