Tuesday, June 21, 2005
In praise of cheap underwear
Today is the most wonderful day of the year (or technically, one of the two most wonderful days of the year). No, I’m not talking about the summer solstice, although that makes me smile because it reminds me of how my friend Amanda’s dad used to give her and her sister cards and candy on each solstice and equinox just to be quirky, which I thought was kind of awesome.
Anyway, today has earned the distinction of being one of the two most wonderful days of the year because it is the first day of the Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale, at which one can find a plethora of cute undergarments at scandalously low prices. Today is especially happy for me, as I have missed the last two Semi-Annual Sales—last summer’s because I was unemployed, and last winter’s because it started insanely early. (Seriously. They usually start in January, but I went to the mall two days after Christmas last year, and the only thing left was some sort of underwear that had to be tied on, which is just waaay too high-maintenance for me.)
Some people find the Semi-Annual Sale frustrating, digging through bins of undergarments, most of which, let’s face it, are pretty ugly (why else would they be on sale?), hoping to unearth that one gem that makes the search worthwhile. But I love it. This is quite possibly because I have discovered the secret. Yes, the secret. Victoria’s secret. This is: Go on the very first day, when the selection is good and the bins are still relatively organized. (Yeah, that’s the secret. No one ever said it was a big secret.) And so, after work today, I shall embark on a quest for the cutest, cheapest undergarments money can buy. Oh, happy day!
Today is the most wonderful day of the year (or technically, one of the two most wonderful days of the year). No, I’m not talking about the summer solstice, although that makes me smile because it reminds me of how my friend Amanda’s dad used to give her and her sister cards and candy on each solstice and equinox just to be quirky, which I thought was kind of awesome.
Anyway, today has earned the distinction of being one of the two most wonderful days of the year because it is the first day of the Victoria’s Secret Semi-Annual Sale, at which one can find a plethora of cute undergarments at scandalously low prices. Today is especially happy for me, as I have missed the last two Semi-Annual Sales—last summer’s because I was unemployed, and last winter’s because it started insanely early. (Seriously. They usually start in January, but I went to the mall two days after Christmas last year, and the only thing left was some sort of underwear that had to be tied on, which is just waaay too high-maintenance for me.)
Some people find the Semi-Annual Sale frustrating, digging through bins of undergarments, most of which, let’s face it, are pretty ugly (why else would they be on sale?), hoping to unearth that one gem that makes the search worthwhile. But I love it. This is quite possibly because I have discovered the secret. Yes, the secret. Victoria’s secret. This is: Go on the very first day, when the selection is good and the bins are still relatively organized. (Yeah, that’s the secret. No one ever said it was a big secret.) And so, after work today, I shall embark on a quest for the cutest, cheapest undergarments money can buy. Oh, happy day!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]