Monday, May 16, 2005
My new career goal
This afternoon, I was changing CDs in my car when I caught a snippet of a segment on NPR about Steve Wynn, the owner of the new splashy Las Vegas casino where J-Dub recently won $2 on video poker, in which he was billed as an "impressario." Which made me think: a) Wow, how cool would it be to have the title "impressario"? and b) I wonder how one goes about obtaining a title such as "impressario"?
Unfortunately, I think you have to have a lot of money to be an impressario, because it's one of those titles, like "playboy," that is frequently preceded by words such as "wealthy" and "billionaire." Even if that's not the case, I'm fairly certain that "impressario" is not a step on my current career path. Which, if you ask me, is a damn shame.
This afternoon, I was changing CDs in my car when I caught a snippet of a segment on NPR about Steve Wynn, the owner of the new splashy Las Vegas casino where J-Dub recently won $2 on video poker, in which he was billed as an "impressario." Which made me think: a) Wow, how cool would it be to have the title "impressario"? and b) I wonder how one goes about obtaining a title such as "impressario"?
Unfortunately, I think you have to have a lot of money to be an impressario, because it's one of those titles, like "playboy," that is frequently preceded by words such as "wealthy" and "billionaire." Even if that's not the case, I'm fairly certain that "impressario" is not a step on my current career path. Which, if you ask me, is a damn shame.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]