Sunday, May 22, 2005
I'm at the end of the tunnel. Where's the light?
Answer: There is no light, just another tunnel. This weekend was another one of those all work, no play, super-productive weekends, in which I managed to complete the last of my many stories that are due tomorrow. I also somehow found time to: do both pilates and yoga, catch up with friends I hadn't talked to in a while, reward myself with a new Iron & Wine CD, watch two good movies starring Colin Firth (Girl With a Pearl Earring and, for approximately the thousandth time, Love Actually) and one bad movie starring former reality show contestants (From Justin to Kelly, which was worth it just for the Television Without Pity recap; I'd suggest you skip the movie and go directly to the recap), do laundry, get in some much-needed pool/lying by the pool time, start a new book (Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, which Danielle recommended because it reminded her of me; I bought her Run Catch Kiss as a going-away present because it reminded me of her), watch a few season finales, and catch up on my sleep.
However, I know that this week is going to be just as busy. Not only do I have a happy hour to host on Tuesday night, but I also have assignments to do for all three of my freelance jobs (one of which I was able to start this weekend--that's how productive I was). So if you've been cheering me on...uh, keep cheering. I can at least find some solace in knowing that this tunnel does in fact have a light at the end, in the form of a trip to see Heather in Minneapolis over Memorial Day. Hallelujah. Is it Friday yet?
Answer: There is no light, just another tunnel. This weekend was another one of those all work, no play, super-productive weekends, in which I managed to complete the last of my many stories that are due tomorrow. I also somehow found time to: do both pilates and yoga, catch up with friends I hadn't talked to in a while, reward myself with a new Iron & Wine CD, watch two good movies starring Colin Firth (Girl With a Pearl Earring and, for approximately the thousandth time, Love Actually) and one bad movie starring former reality show contestants (From Justin to Kelly, which was worth it just for the Television Without Pity recap; I'd suggest you skip the movie and go directly to the recap), do laundry, get in some much-needed pool/lying by the pool time, start a new book (Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life, which Danielle recommended because it reminded her of me; I bought her Run Catch Kiss as a going-away present because it reminded me of her), watch a few season finales, and catch up on my sleep.
However, I know that this week is going to be just as busy. Not only do I have a happy hour to host on Tuesday night, but I also have assignments to do for all three of my freelance jobs (one of which I was able to start this weekend--that's how productive I was). So if you've been cheering me on...uh, keep cheering. I can at least find some solace in knowing that this tunnel does in fact have a light at the end, in the form of a trip to see Heather in Minneapolis over Memorial Day. Hallelujah. Is it Friday yet?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]