Wednesday, April 13, 2005
The most amazing thing I saw last night on The Amazing Race
All right. Can someone tell me what was up with the overly enthusiastic reception of Meredith and Gretchen at the gas station clue box? I’ve come up with a few theories:
1) Meredith and Gretchen are secretly rock stars, but they’re only popular in India (much like Uncle Jesse from Full House was only big in Japan).
2) On the basis of her somewhat regal wave, Gretchen might actually be a descendant of Indian royalty.
3) Everyone knew Meredith and Gretchen were the last team, and they were celebrating the fact that those crazy Americans with their camera crews were finally going to stop backing up traffic on their streets.
4) The locals saw a video camera and just assumed they should start asking for autographs—the same thing probably happened to the other teams; the editors just chose not to show it because it’s much funnier to watch the old people fend off Indian autograph-seekers.
5) The citizens of Lucknow decided that they wanted Meredith and Gretchen eliminated from the race, so they banded together to attempt to delay them as much as possible.
Personally, although I think option 4 is the most likely, I’m really pulling for the first one.
Revenge of the nerds
I heard an interview this morning on NPR with Adrian’s boss, in which he referred to his team of Web programmers (presumably including Adrian) as “our nerds.” That made me smile.
All right. Can someone tell me what was up with the overly enthusiastic reception of Meredith and Gretchen at the gas station clue box? I’ve come up with a few theories:
1) Meredith and Gretchen are secretly rock stars, but they’re only popular in India (much like Uncle Jesse from Full House was only big in Japan).
2) On the basis of her somewhat regal wave, Gretchen might actually be a descendant of Indian royalty.
3) Everyone knew Meredith and Gretchen were the last team, and they were celebrating the fact that those crazy Americans with their camera crews were finally going to stop backing up traffic on their streets.
4) The locals saw a video camera and just assumed they should start asking for autographs—the same thing probably happened to the other teams; the editors just chose not to show it because it’s much funnier to watch the old people fend off Indian autograph-seekers.
5) The citizens of Lucknow decided that they wanted Meredith and Gretchen eliminated from the race, so they banded together to attempt to delay them as much as possible.
Personally, although I think option 4 is the most likely, I’m really pulling for the first one.
Revenge of the nerds
I heard an interview this morning on NPR with Adrian’s boss, in which he referred to his team of Web programmers (presumably including Adrian) as “our nerds.” That made me smile.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]