Thursday, April 14, 2005

Janice Dickinson’s Quote of the Week
“Au revoir, bitches!” –Janice to the girls as they left the judging room

As Janice Dickinson quotes go, this one’s not that spectacular, except for the fact that it has inspired me to make “Au revoir, bitches!” my new catch phrase. I think I can pull it off, don’t you?

So how awesome was the much-anticipated Tyra freak-out? Pretty awesome, I think, although it did strike me as a bit self-righteous to get mad at someone for not crying when you’ve just kicked her off of your reality show. Whatever, Tyra.

Also, apparently none of the girls read my blog entry dated October 2, 2002, in which I instructed everyone on how to correctly pronounce Hermes. I realized some time ago, however, that my pronunciation was actually incorrect (the correct pronunciation, as exhibited by Nigel last night, is [choking French H sound]air-mezz), but I was a hell of a lot closer than any of those girls.

I take that back
Yesterday, I left a comment on Rachel’s blog, saying that I wish my office, like hers, had an American Idol pool. Last night, I was again reminded why it is not generally a good idea for me to bet on reality shows.

Because if I’d had to pick a winner back when the Top 12 was first chosen, I probably would’ve picked Nadia. (Actually, I think I would have picked Mario, in which case I’d really be in trouble.) She was, hands-down, my favorite performer in the competition, and although, as the weeks went on, I became less and less convinced that she could actually win, I certainly thought she’d last longer than, say, Scott “Thug or Teddy Bear? You Decide” Savol or Anthony “The Poor Man’s Clay Aiken” Federov.

But whatever. As Ryan always says, “If you don’t vote, you can’t complain.” To which I say, “Shove it, Ryan. I’m too lazy to be bothered to vote this year, but I’m damn well going to complain. Nadia did not deserve to be voted off this early in the show, and the fact that she was suggests to me that the American public is either a) stupid, b) deaf, or c) watching a completely different show than I am. So there.”

In conclusion…uh, au revoir, bitches!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]