Friday, March 11, 2005
Something to ponder
Why is it that fake pornos referenced in prime-time teen soap operas always derive their titles from the filmography of Matt Damon? I'm not sure, but I must say that I much preferred Dawson's Creek's "Good Will Humping" to The O.C.'s "The Porn Identity."
Because seriously? “The Porn Identity” has got to be the worst fake porn title ever. I mean, since when does porn refer to itself as such? (Although, honestly, I'm not too surprised that porn conceived by Josh Schwartz would be so self-referential.) Also, did anyone stop to think about the fact that the movie The Bourne Identity had not yet been released at the time that Julie Cooper-Nichol was ostensibly lending her talents to this cinematic masterpiece? Hell, I don't even think the book had been released at that point, not that fake pornos are usually named after books.
In my opinion, this is unacceptable. Fake porn titles are so easy to come up with that I simply cannot stand for these glaring errors in continuity.
Why is it that fake pornos referenced in prime-time teen soap operas always derive their titles from the filmography of Matt Damon? I'm not sure, but I must say that I much preferred Dawson's Creek's "Good Will Humping" to The O.C.'s "The Porn Identity."
Because seriously? “The Porn Identity” has got to be the worst fake porn title ever. I mean, since when does porn refer to itself as such? (Although, honestly, I'm not too surprised that porn conceived by Josh Schwartz would be so self-referential.) Also, did anyone stop to think about the fact that the movie The Bourne Identity had not yet been released at the time that Julie Cooper-Nichol was ostensibly lending her talents to this cinematic masterpiece? Hell, I don't even think the book had been released at that point, not that fake pornos are usually named after books.
In my opinion, this is unacceptable. Fake porn titles are so easy to come up with that I simply cannot stand for these glaring errors in continuity.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]