Thursday, March 17, 2005
Janice Dickinson’s Quote of the Week
Since she didn’t get one last week, I’ll be nice and give her two. (But I still think she needs to steal some of Paula Abdul’s drugs. Or else she needs to give Paula the number for rehab in Minnesota, because…wow. I'm surprised she can even hold her head up.)
“Her face looks like it should be on a pirate flag.” –Janice, on Sarah
“Why do you think she looks like me? [Pause.] The dog in this picture looks like me. The pitbull.” –Janice, on Brittany (and the dog in Brittany's picture)
I’m not sure exactly what that first quote is supposed to mean. Is Sarah poison? Is she too skinny? I know it can’t be the latter, because they sent the one girl who wasn’t grossly underweight home last week for being too fat. Ah well, if I could ever attach any sort of meaning to Janice Dickinson’s quotes, I doubt I would love them so much.
While we’re on the subject of ANTM, I’ve got to give Rebecca the award for Best Passing Out at an Elimination Ceremony. Seriously, that guy on The Bachelorette had nothing on her. Did you see the way her eyes rolled back in her head? And how she was just sprawled out there on the floor while the other contestants and the judges just stared in abject horror and shock? Yeah, that was awesome.
File this under “good celebrity dreams”
Last night, I dreamt that I was on The Amazing Race, and we were at this soccer field in South Africa. David Beckham also happened to be there, just kicking a ball around. A bunch of us were standing around, waiting for the producers to set up our Detour or Roadblock or whatever, and Becks took a shot in our direction, which I caught. I was totally ecstatic, because really, the odds of me catching a ball at all, much less one kicked by David Beckham, are slim to none. I asked him if I could keep the ball, and he said yes.
Then it started raining, so we all got herded into this huge room, and Becks and I started having this big conversation about traveling. He said to me, “Don’t ever get so wasted that you just fly off to the Caribbean on a drunken whim.” To which I replied something along the lines of, “Well, Becks, very few of us can actually afford to do such a thing.” While we were talking, nearly everyone I know (and I few people I don’t know) came up to us and asked if I would take their picture with him. I obliged, but I couldn’t help but think how I really wanted a picture with him, too, but I didn’t want to ruin our great conversation by acting like a crazed fan. I also really wanted to ask him if it was true that he and Posh kept an apartment right down the street from where Hannah and Ann lived in London, as their host family told them, but I feared this would be venturing into crazed-fan territory as well.
Finally, Heather walked up, and I happened to let it slip that she had once lived in Teddington, hoping that this would prompt Becks to tell us that he had an apartment in Teddington as well. But unfortunately, I woke up before he could do just that, so once again, the real truth about Posh and Becks’ London home remains a mystery.
Since she didn’t get one last week, I’ll be nice and give her two. (But I still think she needs to steal some of Paula Abdul’s drugs. Or else she needs to give Paula the number for rehab in Minnesota, because…wow. I'm surprised she can even hold her head up.)
“Her face looks like it should be on a pirate flag.” –Janice, on Sarah
“Why do you think she looks like me? [Pause.] The dog in this picture looks like me. The pitbull.” –Janice, on Brittany (and the dog in Brittany's picture)
I’m not sure exactly what that first quote is supposed to mean. Is Sarah poison? Is she too skinny? I know it can’t be the latter, because they sent the one girl who wasn’t grossly underweight home last week for being too fat. Ah well, if I could ever attach any sort of meaning to Janice Dickinson’s quotes, I doubt I would love them so much.
While we’re on the subject of ANTM, I’ve got to give Rebecca the award for Best Passing Out at an Elimination Ceremony. Seriously, that guy on The Bachelorette had nothing on her. Did you see the way her eyes rolled back in her head? And how she was just sprawled out there on the floor while the other contestants and the judges just stared in abject horror and shock? Yeah, that was awesome.
File this under “good celebrity dreams”
Last night, I dreamt that I was on The Amazing Race, and we were at this soccer field in South Africa. David Beckham also happened to be there, just kicking a ball around. A bunch of us were standing around, waiting for the producers to set up our Detour or Roadblock or whatever, and Becks took a shot in our direction, which I caught. I was totally ecstatic, because really, the odds of me catching a ball at all, much less one kicked by David Beckham, are slim to none. I asked him if I could keep the ball, and he said yes.
Then it started raining, so we all got herded into this huge room, and Becks and I started having this big conversation about traveling. He said to me, “Don’t ever get so wasted that you just fly off to the Caribbean on a drunken whim.” To which I replied something along the lines of, “Well, Becks, very few of us can actually afford to do such a thing.” While we were talking, nearly everyone I know (and I few people I don’t know) came up to us and asked if I would take their picture with him. I obliged, but I couldn’t help but think how I really wanted a picture with him, too, but I didn’t want to ruin our great conversation by acting like a crazed fan. I also really wanted to ask him if it was true that he and Posh kept an apartment right down the street from where Hannah and Ann lived in London, as their host family told them, but I feared this would be venturing into crazed-fan territory as well.
Finally, Heather walked up, and I happened to let it slip that she had once lived in Teddington, hoping that this would prompt Becks to tell us that he had an apartment in Teddington as well. But unfortunately, I woke up before he could do just that, so once again, the real truth about Posh and Becks’ London home remains a mystery.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]