Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Well, that’s one way to do it
It appears that someone thought the best way to make the grass around my office green again would be by…um, spray-painting the yellowish grass blue. Which, yes, yellow and blue do make green, and the grass does look somewhat convincingly green from a distance, but this just seems to me a rather unorthodox approach. Then again, I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be, a lawn-care professional. So what do I know?

Write on
There are days (many days, actually) when I question my decision to be a writer. Days when the writer’s block gets so bad that I practically have to beat the story out of my brain, days when the subject at hand seems so foreign that I can barely understand it, let alone write about it in any meaningful fashion for several hundred words.

And yet I continue to do it, simply because there are those little moments that remind me why it's worth all the agony. Moments like having one of your turns of phrase quoted in the Chicago Tribune. (Granted, they were kind of making fun of me, but still. I’ll take it.) Moments like having a source call you up and say that the profile you wrote on her is the best one she’s read so far. I just wish these moments didn’t always seem to be so few and far between.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]