Wednesday, February 23, 2005
That’s it
No one else I know is allowed to get married during the month of October. I already have three (three!) friends getting married this October, so I must declare it off-limits for anyone else. Although the fact that I have three friends getting married in the same month is somewhat odd, it is even more so when you consider the fact that I can’t remember having ever been to a wedding in October before. And when your father is a minister, you go to a lot of weddings. (And a lot of funerals, too, although that’s not as much fun.) (Also, I would like to point out that I have not once seen Hugh Grant at any of these weddings or funerals, which I think is grossly unfair.)
Anyway, this presents me with somewhat of a dilemma: I have no idea what one wears to an October wedding. Spring and summer weddings I can do: ‘50s-style sundress, kitten-heel sandals. This is my standard wedding outfit, some form of which has been worn to every wedding I’ve attended in the past three years. But what’s the fall version of that? I’m not sure, but I have a sinking feeling it will probably involve pantyhose.
The good news is that October is still seven months away, which gives me ample time to plan my wedding outfit. Not to mention find a date. Any of you guys out there available for the entire month?
No one else I know is allowed to get married during the month of October. I already have three (three!) friends getting married this October, so I must declare it off-limits for anyone else. Although the fact that I have three friends getting married in the same month is somewhat odd, it is even more so when you consider the fact that I can’t remember having ever been to a wedding in October before. And when your father is a minister, you go to a lot of weddings. (And a lot of funerals, too, although that’s not as much fun.) (Also, I would like to point out that I have not once seen Hugh Grant at any of these weddings or funerals, which I think is grossly unfair.)
Anyway, this presents me with somewhat of a dilemma: I have no idea what one wears to an October wedding. Spring and summer weddings I can do: ‘50s-style sundress, kitten-heel sandals. This is my standard wedding outfit, some form of which has been worn to every wedding I’ve attended in the past three years. But what’s the fall version of that? I’m not sure, but I have a sinking feeling it will probably involve pantyhose.
The good news is that October is still seven months away, which gives me ample time to plan my wedding outfit. Not to mention find a date. Any of you guys out there available for the entire month?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]